Tea and seeds

Tea and seeds

Monday 9 January 2012

Days like this should not be allowed to happen.

How is it that life can go from relative efficiency and organisation (and the key word here is 'relative' as my life is never really efficient or organised, despite the collection of books on the subject weighing down my bookshelves) to a state of utter chaos, unhappiness and screaming children, in the space of a couple of days? That is the question pummelling it's way into my brain at the moment.  Is it an astrological thing hovering over our household? What the heck is going on?  In desperation I consulted 'Spirit Tokens of the Ling Qi Jing' by Ivan Kashiwa for guidance, asking it the question "How do I find my way out of this chaos and unhappiness?"  This is the answer I got:
"The matter you ask about will become further complicated before you receive help.  (Great!) If you share the problem with someone, it will be resolved satisfactorily.  But if you isolate yourself, you will find you cannot do it alone.  While you find yourself without help, you should delay things for a while."


I am not good at sharing problems or asking for help.  I am excellent at isolating myself and trying to go it alone.    Do you know the story of The Little Red Hen?  Me.  Me.  Me. And probably millions of other women out there. And maybe some men too. Although actually, she did ask for help didn't she, but no-one wanted to help her.  Not much incentive in that story to ask for help then. But I cannot leave this piece of advise unheeded so I am kind of cheating here.  Or maybe not. Instead of asking just one person over the phone, which I absolutely could not do anyway, I am asking all of you, "How do you find your way out of chaos and unhappiness when or if it hits your household?"  Please don't tell me I need to be more organised.  I already know it and have failed so many times in my attempts to get there that I have all but given up.

Think that maybe until I find an answer, I'll make some lunch and put everyone to bed for a nice afternoon nap.  Maybe things will be brighter afterwards.  Not one of my better days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meg! Reading this, gosh we are so alike! I dont really have an answer (Im sorry!) as i struggle with this so often myself...well not the screaming children part. But what helps me is to think and focus on the things that are important to me and are essential to my happiness, or to do something that helps to clear the head and provide clarity to a situation - walking on the beach in fresh air always works for me. But try and take a step back and review.
    This most likely hasnt helped in the slightest and i deeply apologise!! But wanted to comment anyway, because your not alone! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete