Tea and seeds

Tea and seeds

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Never thought the day would come but you know what they say.  "Never say never".  So now I'm on Facebook.  Woohoo!!  If I knew how to put a facebook link thing on here I would but, being new to both FB and blogging as well as being a bit of a ludite, I really don't have a clue.  I'll work on it.

So why did I resist Facebook for so long?  It does feel like I am almost the last being on the globe to join up.  From what I had heard of it, most of what goes on is pretty inane stuff.  And I have to say that now, having had a look at some of the comments flying around there, I was right.  Some of it is really messing with my head so I will have to put some blinkers on I think and edit out what goes into my brain.  The other reason is that I have trouble just keeping up with email and reading my favourite blogs so the idea of spending more time checking in on another site and administering all of that just seemed like too much time at the computer when there is SO much else to be done.

Well, why did I give in then?  Because the way information is shared these days is changing so much and it seems that if I am not on Facebook, I don't have access to certain information that I want.  For example, the local home-ed group has set up a page where activities and outings can be posted.  If I'm not on Facebook, I don't get that information.  Gone are the days when a group email did the trick.  The clincher though was that I wanted to join a gorgeous group site called Pininterest and I needed to be on Facebook for that.  The only problem is that I have spent so much time getting the Facebook thing set up that I haven't yet got around to setting up my Pininterest account.   I'll keep you posted because when it happens, it's going to be a beauty.

Having written all that at the beginning about not being able to put a facebook link on, I think I have just done it....  maybe not such a ludite after all.....

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely way to get an insight into your little world, and i still need to learn how to knit socks, you continue to amaze me, and i have missed seeing you, we must catch up soon.xx

    ReplyDelete