Tea and seeds

Tea and seeds

Saturday 4 June 2011

In The Beginning

I love to write.  I always have.  From re-writing Cinderella at seven, to the heart-ache and yearning of my teenage diaries, to the sporadic but mind-saving journalling that has seen me through the changes in my adult years, writing has saved me from insanity, calmed me back to reality and given me insight into what I truly want from this life.  When my mind is in turmoil, I write to give me focus.  And it does.   Working through all of the hoopla that spins in my brain until I reach a state of clarity; until I am able to move on with a sense of purpose.  I do not know what my life would be without writing.
So here I am.  At the beginning of a blog and wondering where it will all lead.  A chance to write, to explore what is going around in my head and in my life and to share it with anyone who wants to come along with me. 
At the moment I don't have a clear "mission statement", although lots of ideas.  What I can promise is that there will be lots of crafting, cooking, gardening and celebration of the life that I share with my family and friends.  Quite possibly it won't be all sweetness and light, because life isn't.  We all have our dark times.  It's part of the balance of life.  So sometimes I might go there.  Don't be afraid of the dark. 
Most of all though, I want this to be a record of our days.  Changes are constant and moments and memories are left behind, replaced with new ones.  This will be an opportunity to grab hold of some of those moments and hold onto them a little bit longer.
So jump on board.  No ticket required.

No comments:

Post a Comment